Friday, October 1, 2010

The list of lists

Everyone has their own ways of doing things. This is evident in all areas of life, school life, work life and parenthood to name but a few.
My way of doing things often involves lists, to the point where there are times when I even have a list of what lists I need to make and a book in which to write my lists. Sound crazy? Yes? well, I guess it is a bit but hey, isn't everyone? just a little?
My lists have changed somewhat over the years, from assignemnts I have due to paperwork I needed to follow up, clients I needed to place into work and now activities for the kids, housework, chores and bills that need to be paid.
Late last night between feeding Kayde, letting the dogs out (just after I had gotten back into bed of course), re-settling Jaz and then the obligatory loo visit I realised that I had not been keeping my lists up to date over the last few days and from then on I just couldn't get my mind to stop. I instantly felt disorganised, like I was going to forget something imperative and the internal monologue of lists began...
Ok, what needs to be done in the morning?
Get Jaz up, dressed, fed and ready
get Kayde ready
Jaz to creche
Kayde to nurse to get immunised
don't forget the blue book
there's an hour to kill - take money for coffee
Starting swimming lessons next week, must get paperwork for that done and submit
need new bathers
check bank account see how much I can spend
what's the date??? Rent is due
Ahhh so's electricity (must jot those down first thing or could end up homeless and without power, that makes no sense, I don't need the power on if I have no home - better pay those bills)
The housework needs doing, what time will I be back from nurses?
Then what time do I need to leave again to go pick up Jaz?
So how much time will I have to clean once I have fed and settled Kayde and maybe had a bite of lunch?
Hair appointment as soon as Craig gets home, so that means I have to do it all this arvo
What housework is the priority?
Must IQ Neighbours coz I'll be at the hairdressers (Don't laugh)
I'm going to forget something... I should have done my lists
Yaaawnnnn
Wasn't there something I was going to look up on the net?
Meh, I can't remember, can't think, need to sleep
Zzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.