Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ponies and Barbies and Dinosaurs Oh My!!!!

On Sunday my beautiful princess turned three. I can honestly say that I do not know where the time has gone, possible to teaching her how to sit and crawl, to walk and talk and toilet training and drawing and a million other things we have learned along the way and just for the record, I think she has taught me more than I could ever teach her!
After a big grand final day the day prior (something Jaz will forever have to do battle with for birthday attention) It was great to see our nearest and dearest little friends turn up to Buzy Kidz in Frankston to celebrate Jaz's birthday with her.
A childs first birthday is a big celebration for the parents who are often amazed at having survived that first year with an ounce of sanity still remaining and a healthy child still in one piece.
On the childs second birthday, well, it's not as exciting as the first and the toddler is often still reasonably unaware of what all the fuss is about... but at three, believe me, they are very aware of what is going on.
For weeks leading up to the big day I was asked each and every morning if it was the birthday day yet? Will there be cake - yes, what about candles - yes and balloons??? - yes there will be balloons. The excitement was growing.
My friends will come and play? This was always the question that came with the most excitement. And it's not that we don't play with friends on a very regular basis, it was the possibility of having ALL her friends there all at once. Yes hunny, your friends will come and play at your party (that secret little question that often rears it's head when you plan a grown up party reared its ugy head - will they all turn up? what if something happens and no one makes it?)
There was no need for concern, the day came and we shared mickey mouse shaped pancakes for breakfast, rode the brand new 'big girl' bike out the front in our court, opened some zhu zhu pets - to mummy's relief these were met with squeels of delight! yes - touch down!!!!!
Soon enough it was time to get ready for the party, being held at a local play centre (the best move made in a long time) we toddled along and I handed my pride and joy (not Jaz, the Mickey Mouse birthday cake) over to the staff and our guests started arriving. To my delight, Jaz used her manners when given gifts, played nicely with everyone and we even spent the time 'accident' free. (this has been a bit of an issue of late, most likely since Kaydes arrival).
Each child seemed to enjoy themselves, Mums, Dads and Grandparents (thank you so much Judy, you made my day) enjoyed a cuppa and a chat while kids aged from 2-8 ran amok, jumped on the jumping castle, climbing and sliding their way to exhaustion.
After lunch came the birthday cake and although not a fan of being the centre of attention Jaz handled it all without totally freaking out and even blew the candles out with very little prompting. It was official, the party had been a success. I had a very tired but happy little three year old who had had a ball with her friends, been thoroughly spoilt and the best part - there was no cleaning up for Mummy.
After leaving the party we headed to Nan and Pops for a quick visit, which involved more birthday wishes and a big present (a blackboard and painting station which has been used more than I can mention in the last couple of days), then off home. But the celebrations didn't end there.
For dinner we had invited the grandparents (and Uncle Adam)  for Jaz's favourite dinner - Pizza. There was more singing to be done, more candles to blow out and even more presents but when asked about her favourite thing she did for the day?
The answer was 'play with all my friends at the inside park' - Yay!!!!! A success by any measure.
As my three year old princess colapsed into bed I began to pack up the spoils of the day, thinking of how much she had grown and how incredibly lucky I am to have her in my life, a tear may have been shed and I suddenly felt an overwhelming urge to go and cuddle her but thought better of waking an exhausted princess.
As I cleaned the dollies and ponies and dinosaurs and fur real pets were just too alluring and soon enough I was told off for playing with Jaz's toys before she had had a real chance to play with them (whatever Craig, I was just removing tags and stuff) and with that I retired to bed, thinking of all the fun we would have this week with new toys to keep us entertained, new books to read and stories to tell of playtimes had with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.