Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm a total Wally - Wednesday

Yeah, like a real Wally.... Even as I am typing this I really can't believe the day I had today, or rather the morning I had. The rest of the day went rather swimmingly compared to our first activity of the day...

This morning Jaz had her weekly swimming lesson, so as usual we were running around like mad people in an effort to get there on time a 9am start - why don't I get ready the night before I hear you ask, well because if I was that organised and sensible I'd have nothing to blog about would I?

Anywho - so there we were, running as late as we normally do and yet still managing to look like we might just make it on time, even after stopping for fuel and waiting for what seemed an eternity at one of the many many many bloody annoying roadworks around here at the moment (anyone else hearing my pain on this one? Does anyone think anything is even being achieved?).

We arrived at the swim centre, made a run for the child care room to drop Kayde off for his one hour of care while Jaz and I have our one on one time. Kayde dropped off, Jaz and I make a mad dash for the pool, we strip off, practically at a run through the change rooms and off to do the lesson.

The lesson went reasonably well although, kids being kids, Jaz decided that she was adverse to using any flotation devices this week and basically refused to participate in any of the games, grrrr.

After the lesson we headed to the play pool for a bit of a splash with our new friends from swimming, this has become a regular occurrence and I quite enjoy my time with our new friends.

At around 10 it was time to go and pick up our little man so we headed to the change rooms and low and behold, I had a nappy bag, not the swim bag - no problem I hear you say, the swim bag was probably with Kayde in the care centre - alas, no! So... Jaz and I had a hand towel and a burp cloth with which to dry ourselves, a nappy bag in which to place our wet bathers and we had to throw on the trackies we had worn over our bathers (of course I hadn't even worn a trackie top, just a light t-shirt), leaving us effectively 'freeballing'. All good and well for a three year old girl but not so great for a Breast Feeding Mummy!!! And we were not headed straight home!!!! What was I going to do?

I threw the hand towel and burp cloth over my shoulders in a half arsed attempt at hiding my lack of bra and we went and collected Kayde, we made our way to the car where I decided to go directly to K-Mart and purchase some underwear, rather than drive all the way home and miss our next activity for the day.

I grabbed the Baby Bjorn and put Kayde in, not for convenience but it was all I could think of to hide my 'in your face' unrestrained boobs. We headed for the underwear section where they of course failed to stock my size in Maternity bras so I was forced to buy a 'normal' bra which will now offer no further use for at least another 10 months or so, I also purchased a pair of knickers which as we speak I am wondering how I have kept from removing by now as they are so incredibly un-comfy!

We headed to the change rooms and I proceeded to put these on (of course I hadn't really thought through the whole wearing Kayde in his carrier and changing clothes but we managed, and getting naked in the car to put underwear on didn't really appeal to me either so the fitting rooms had to do) I removed the tags and proceeded to the counter with them.

The cashier gave me a most unsavoury look. I just looked her in the eye, and told her it was an underwear emergency, that I had been wearing none and now I was and I thought it preferable to pay for them than to shoplift. A smile that was more smirk and a card swipe later we were on our way to the early learning open day. Wearing underwear!!!

Believe it or not, this was not the end of the chaos for the day, just the part that would be most amusing for other people. There was also the time at the open day where I was yelling across a huge space at Jaz to get her to follow my instruction only to watch her run in the complete opposite direction, forcing me to chase her and pick her up kicking and yelling at me that I did not need to pick her up, she wanted to run!!!

Then there was the emergency toilet stop for Jaz at Craigs work which culminated in, ahhh, ummm, lets just say some loud and interesting vocal sounds to accompany what was going on, all at the bemusement of those within earshot.

And then there was the part of the day where we were grocery shopping and to stop Kayde crying (after feeding him 3 baby cruskits) Jaz was blowing raspberries on his fingers making him crack up. Gorgeous you think? Yep, well it was... until it got the better of her and she bit his finger!!! No I am not kidding, she sunk her teeth into his tiny pudgy finger and he HOWLED!!!! Jaz has never been a biter and I have no idea what possessed her at that moment to indulge what was obviously a curiosity to see what would happen but I did not appreciate it and neither did Kayde who thankfully still has his finger!

When I rolled in the door just shy of 4pm I felt completely and utterly physically and mentally exhausted but I was already able to laugh at the swimming debacle, I hope you can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.