Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just an Ordinary Night

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day de-cluttering, culling, cleaning, sorting and tidying Jaz's bedroom (how does a three year old have so much STUFF?).
By the time I had done this I finally got her into bed at about 8.30. Quite late for little Miss but I had started and was desperate to finish before I retired for the night rather than wake up to it again in the morning. And at 8.30 I would still have an hour or so of me time - Craig was already fast asleep on the couch, snoring.
So that done, of course Jaz had no intentions of going to sleep, her toys all looked so much more enticing now that they were all set up, areas designated for different types of play and things located that had been AWOL for many many weeks!!! I actually got a big hug and an 'I love you Mum, thank you',  After a lot of convincing that it would all be there for her in the morning.
9pm. Jaz finally drifts off. Ahhhh Time to relax and watch a little telly before bed...
9.45 Kayde decides he needs a top up before retiring for the night, oh well, at least I was still up (I had just been contemplating going to bed but it could wait a half hour) So he had a lovely snugly feed and I watched last nights episode of Neighbours that I had IQ'd (Ringo died, it was quite emotional).
10.30 Kids in bed, I head towards my own bed, climb in and - scratch scratch scratch - the dogs want a loo break, grrr why can't they just sleep outside, noooo they have to sleep in the laundry because my dog, as cute as she is, is afraid of the rain and has total freak outs. So I let them out, reluctantly, let them back in, even more reluctantly, lock up the laundry, recheck the kids and head for bed again.
11.45 Jaz has a nightmare and wakes up quite hysterical, so I climb out of bed and go and calm her down, after giving her her 'magic blankie' she is back to sleep. I can hear coughing coming from Kaydes room, he has been snuffly all day and is now starting to cough, but he's asleep so hopefully it will pass.
12.30 Cough cry cough cry cough cry cough cry cry cry cry cry so I am up again to Kayde, a bit of percussion on his back to loosen anything in his chest, a little drink (may as well top him up) and lots of cuddles later and just under an hour later I am climbing back into bed
1.30 As I climb into bed 'Not winning huh?' I think all Craig got in response to that was 'Grrrrrrr'
1.45 The dogs are scratching again but I refuse to get up and let them out. I am angry that they have woken me up. I know it's mean but seriously, no way!!!!
2.30 Kayde awake again, I go in to find him out of his covers, on his tummy at the top of the cot with his legs poking out and his head mushed into the bars *sigh*. As I pick him up I realise he is drenched, wet from head to toe... Not only do I need to get him stripped off but I now need to locate some fresh jarmies and as I spent the entire day in Jaz's bedroom I hadn't put away any washing, cue deep sigh of resignation. So as I strip him off Kayde absolutely loses it, he is wet and uncomfortable, he has a cough and a cold and Mummy is being mean and making him all cold and nude!
2.35 Kaydes crying wakes Jaz and the dogs
2.45 Jaz has resettled, the dogs have once again been ignored and Kayde is tucked up in bed with me.
6am Jaz is up, ready to face the day, lets go...

Coffee anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.