Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog Envy

That's right, you see it here first. I am blogging again - already.
You see I am having some serious blog envy. I recently joined Aussie Mummy Bloggers and am astounded at the brilliance of so many of you bloggers out there, so much so that in addition to my usual hum drum blog of never ending gorgeous things my babies do, I have a little word doc on my desktop where I have been jotting down (ok, typing, but I still can't come to terms with being completely IT savvy) ideas for blogs. The problem is, I started this blog mostly as a kind of record of my children growing up, something I can refer back to like a journal and a baby book all rolled into one. But I am finding more and more other bits and pieces I want to write about that are not necessarily related to my kidlets, most of them are still to do with being a Mum (after all, write what you know and all that, right?).
I don't yet know whether to open up my Motherism blog to other ideas and musings as well as regular Mummy updates or to run two blogs, one for my hum drum stuff that no one other than I am really all that interested in and one for the other bits and pieces I have floating around in this over analysing, never resting mind of mine.
What do you think?
And while I am at it, I am determined to make my Blogs more interesting, some of the blogs out there are like entering a whole nother world!!! They are amazing!

4 comments:

  1. Do and type whatever you feel on this one!! I have mine open to whatever is going on in my world, mostly Mama Hick and a little bit housey,and a little whiney and a little nicey.... Alright it's late and I made a poem and I hope I made you smile!!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 blogs - one for life/blogging/parenting/mothering/generalised talking. Then I have one for simply writing - for pieces of fiction, or subtle snark, or whatever. Proper writing. Then I have a food blog.

    I will say it works brilliantly for me. BUT (and this is a huge but) more than 1 blog is awfully time consuming and my writing blog and my food blog don't get nearly as much attention as my every day blog. I tell myself on the writing blog that it's quality over quantity, but I also know if I tried, I could do more.

    More than 1 blog is hard work, but it's worth it too, if that's what you want.

    Little piece of advice? Write whatever you want to here first and see how it gets taken. Most people are interested in the whole of someone's life, not just the kids.

    (Also, add more spaces between your paragraphs, so that your text is less like an entire block)

    Anyway, I'm subscribed, so I'll be here, no matter what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me smile Robba xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Veronica, great advice.

    And I'll be sure to add those spaces - love the feedback, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.