Friday, October 15, 2010

Just a little bit backwards

Today I had a lovely day with 'my girls'. A group of amazing women, one I have known since three year old kinder, one I have developed an amazing kinship with over the last 12 or so years and another who I am fortunate enough to have as a member of my family, she has been for a number of years now.

We all had the 'big kids' at creche or daycare or school and only had the babies in tow. We had lunch and coffee and for afternoon tea some brownie slice, we chatted, we laughed, we shared ideas and we discussed how breastfeeding makes your boobs sag, that babies poo a lot and kids are challenging- all in all it was a fabulous afternoon and i could do it a thousand times over.

After all my afternoon fun it was time to pick Jaz up from her day at 'kindy'. Things are a little disrupted at our house due to the commencement of the SuperX season, taking Craig away from home for a few days at a time over the next couple of months. Jaz is OK with it all but still a bit disrupted, so to take her mind off her Dad not being here I decided to shake things up a bit.

So tonight we had a 'backwards night'. We had stories at play-time, ate desert before dinner (and just for the interest of do gooders who think this was a silly idea - she still ate her dinner so ner ner ner ner ner), we sat and had a laughing competition when we should have been having 'quiet time', we had milk with dinner and water before bed and as we had read stories and cuddled at play time we sang songs to get ready for sleep. If you ask Jaz I think she will tell you we had a pretty fun evening. Dinner was eaten, stories were read, cuddles were had and she is tucked happily into bed sleeping soundly so all in all our backwards night turned out great.

After all of todays fun and games it is high time I turn in for (fingers crossed) a good nights sleep, so to all you people in blogger land, shake things up, go a little topsy turvy and have a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.