Friday, December 17, 2010

Not doing anything really takes it out of you!

Today I did nothing. Well not nothing but nothing that I should actually have done. Wait... That's not exactly true either. Maybe it just felt like I achieved very little. I mean, I kept the kidlets safe and happy and reasonably healthy. I remembered to drop Jaz off at 'kindy' for which she was very thankful, singing the entire way there and telling me in no uncertain terms what she was going to be doing today. 'I'm going to kindy and gonna play with aaaallllll my fwiends' waves arms like a little old Italian woman yelling at her husband.

I spoke to the centre director about kinder programs, enrollment, next years plans, the possibility of transferring to their centre in Dromana on the chance we end up moving there (we might or we might not - we are definitely peninsula nomads that's for sure). We discussed health care cards, payments, medicines for the kids and then I remembered I had to go. Kayde was booked in to have his immunisations and I had to go....

Back in the car, Kayde was most unimpressed to be out of my arms and in the car seat, he started getting a bit of a cold late yesterday and was snotty and miserable, he wanted mummy cuddles and was intent on not being plied from mummy and put into the car seat. But in the car seat he was and he yelled and cried to make sure I knew how unhappy it made him...

We arrived at the medical centre and stopped and chatted to everyone we passed, people ooohhed and ahhhed and we were told many times over just how gorgeous Kayde is and told by several people who know Jaz and Have not see Kayde since he was very new that Craig and I do babies very well, creating utterly gorgeous children. Well we certainly think so but it is even better when told by others so thank you :)

Kayde went in for his shots... Now when Jaz had her shots many moons ago, she never cried, she simply gave a glare that said in no uncertain terms 'if I wasn't so little I would absolutely snot you in the nose for doing that to me'. Kayde on the other hand, drops the bottom lip, gives a heart broken little look that says 'why oh why would you hurt a poor defenseless baby like that?' and proceeds to howl!!! Thank goodness he is such a booby boy, a quick suckle and the sobs subside and he smiles a big milky grin at me.

Time for my GP appointment, just a general check up, Kayde being snuggled by adoring women at the reception desk and check up complete it's time to go. Backing out of the car park I remember I was supposed to stop in at the travel agents while I was here and have a meeting about the wedding.  I lazily drive over the road and park at the travel agency. We wander in and have a productive chat about airfares, accommodation, wedding details and the like and then it really is time to head for home.

Back in the car and heading for home, by the time we get there I pop Kayde down for his afternoon nap and I fix a sandwich for lunch. I barely remember eating it, I was overcome with exhaustion and shut my eyes.... just for a moment - or two hours!!!!

Time to pick Jaz up from kindy, better run, lucky Kayde woke me up or may have gotten a call from 'kindy' now THAT would have been something to blog about....

So I went and picked Jaz up and as we pulled in the drive I realised Craig had actually beaten me home... to a home that had not had a thing done to it all day. Breakfast dishes lay where they had this morning, beds unmade, some curtains still drawn, and that is what I mean by not having done anything all day.

Today I did both nothing and sooo much!!! And now, I need to head to bed and recharge the batteries. I must say, I love the fact that when I told Craig I hadn't achieved anything much today and that I had fallen asleep, he said 'good, you needed it' then he promptly took the family late night shopping for nothing in particular, we had dinner while we were out so I not only didn't have to cook but didn't have any cleaning up to do either. So I have been able to continue doing nothing, until tomorrow when I will have to catch up on all the somethings that need doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.