Thursday, December 2, 2010

B.I.T. Back In Town

OK, so I just couldn't think of anything overly humorous to announce that I had finally gotten my stuff together enough to blog again...

I have been a little AWOL of late and I really don't have a reason for it other than life. Sometimes life gets in the way of, well, life... I'm sure you know what I am trying to say...

Nothing overly exciting has happened in the last month or so, I have been planning a wedding (mine and Craigs) to be held in Bali late next year, Craig has started a new, seemingly fabulous job, Kayde is crawling and Jaz can sing songs from beginning to end and is randomly coming out with some very interesting facts to share with me, some of which have included:

Aliens do not fit in our car, they have sooooooo many ears...

and

I like Dragons... Dragons live in the bush

And that's to name two from the last couple of days, there have been many many more.

I am almost certain I have heard Kayde say Mumumum on a few occasions and have definitely heard him say boob boob boob (the oo is like in book or look but boob). Hmmmm

We have picnicked in the pouring rain with our very special friends, I have shopped for bridesmaids dresses, caught up with countless fabulous people for coffee and play dates and even had a sewing date with one very important friend (we made santa sacks for the kids, she bought her sewing machine over and we played nannas all day) mind you I think we drank more coffee than we did sewing.

Just tonight while setting up the Christmas Tree (named the Santa tree by Jaz, despite me telling her all about the baby Jesus and the meaning of Christmas she is very Santa obsessed at the minute and it is not about the gifts, she doesn't remember getting gifts, I think it is all the songs he is in)
Anyway, just tonight while decorating the tree I asked Jaz what she would like for Santa to bring her for Christmas, her answer?

Pins mummy, pins so I can stick things just like you. Just the other day I was sandwiching my first attempt at a patchwork quilt. A cot sized, snugly, chenille backed quilt for Jaz. I was busy pinning it together when Jaz asked if she could help so I got her to sit with me and hand me the pins as I needed them. She seemed to really enjoy watching me sew - although at the time I really didn't think much of it. But it made my day to realise that she must have thought that was special her and I time and after striving to be the best Mum I can be I love realising that she can really enjoy something I felt bad for doing when I should have been playing with her or reading or singing etc etc etc. It turns out she just enjoyed helping mummy.

OK, so it would appear i am back with a vengeance and cannot stop the words spewing forth from my finger tips and out onto the keyboard.

My resolution for this blog is not to try and make it fabulous like so many of the other blogs I read but to simply blog. Do not fail to blog because I cannot think of something witty or wise to say - just blog.

A couple of quick shout outs before I go:
I am so very happy to have Team O'Toole back online - Salamander we have missed you
Be a fun mum - I am loving many of the Christmas activities, will be trying many of them so keep them coming

Wishing everyone a fabulous, safe and happy festive season - no matter what it means to you and your family, stay safe, be happy and enjoy each others company xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.