Thursday, December 9, 2010

Milestones and Mayhem

We have reached a milestone.

Tonight will be our first 'conscious' attempt at Jaz going nappy free for night time. We have had 4 dry night nappies in a row so I think she can do it.

Last night or should I say late yesterday afternoon, Jaz fell asleep in the car on the way home from her creche concert, we popped her into bed without a nappy on thinking she would wake soon enough. The exhausted little poppet slept right through until she came in to us in the morning declaring that she was sleeping in her 'accident'. Poor thing seemed to be quite concerned. I told her that it was all ok, she had had a super big sleep and that's why the accident had happened. So tonight will be our first 'planned' nappy free night. I expect a few little mishaps along the way but the look of pride on her face when we told her we thought she could kick the nappies to the curb took any doubt away. So fingers crossed for a dry night :)

Yesterday was such a great day for so many reasons and clearly Jaz had a great day, so great she needed far more sleep than she usually would.

We started the day with Jaz's swimming lessons, the lesson was tantrum free and Jaz participated in every activity, she is really coming along and seems to really enjoy her one on one time with Mummy. It is such a shame the term has to end next week.

Over the past term we have made some new friends in our swimming class, with one Mum and daughter in particular we have really clicked with (we will call them Maybel and Pippa). So after the swimming lesson and our usual play with the other kids and parents in the little kids play pool the four of us headed to the cafe for a cuppa.

Maybel and I sat and chatted while our girls played and giggled. It really was lovely. It is not everyday as adults that you meet someone new and hit it off like you are long lost friends... And the girls??? Well on the way home Jaz declared Pippa as one of her new 'best friends' Awwwww. Not sure where she learnt the concept of best friends (I think there may be a song on Giggle and Hoot?) but it was just such a sweet thing to hear her say.

So, swimming lesson had, playdate over and we headed home to prepare for Jaz's creche Christmas Concert. Jaz had a bath and I got to making her a Christmas T-shirt to wear for her performance. I sewed on green buttons in the shape of a Christmas Tree and topped it off with yellow buttons for a star.
Bathed and dried, hair done and t-shirt on we headed for creche (AKA Kindy).

Over the past two to three weeks Craig and I have heard Jaz singing her little heart out, practicing and practicing her songs. She has insisted on teaching them to us and had us sing them with her over and over again. I took the video camera and my still camera (but probably should have realised that I cannot use two cameras while holding Kayde and negotiating a million trillion Christmas hyped little people...)

After negotiating a sea of red and green, enjoying a Christmassy afternoon tea and taking my seat in a teeny tiny chair (that I fully expected would give way when i sat on it but thankfully didn't) I watched my gorgeous princess walk out onto stage with her classmates and stand there in stunned silence.

I do not care that she did not sing, I don't even care that she didn't do the actions that she had insisted Craig and I do dozens of times a day, all I cared about was that despite looking quite shellshocked at the time she really did enjoy herself and after lots of persuasion she even met Santa!!!! Though she did try and convince me to go and meet him and get some bubbles for her I explained that if she wanted the bubbles she needed to say hello to Santa herself. She did - and I was very proud of her bravery...

Though I am not so sure how this works in with stranger danger awareness!!! Ummm, that's right sweety, be weary of strangers - unless they have bubbles or lollies or gifts, then I want you to go and make friends, hmmmmm

Anyway, back to Jaz - Songs finished, afternoon tea eaten and Santa met we piled back into the car and headed for home. It was shortly after 5pm when I looked in the rearview mirror to see that Jaz was sound asleep.

Sound asleep is how she remained untill after 6am this morning!!! Now THAT is a sign that she had a great day! Oh how I wish I could provide her with such stimulation, excitement and enjoyment every day!!! And how I really really wish I could have that much sleep!!!! Ahhhh sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.