Monday, January 24, 2011

Stick it!

I have come to a realisation that many other people are most likely aware of... I just cannot seem to stick with things...

OK, that's not exactly a revelation, anyone who knows me would be aware of that fact, it's just that I have never really given a great deal of thought as to WHY I find it difficult to focus on things and see them through. It is not so much that I am an instant gratification junky (though I do like projects that I can finish relatively quickly - uh oh, maybe I am). It is more that I have so many interests, so many varying things I like to focus my energies on that it seems almost impossible to stick to just one. But doing more than one is often just not feasible, especially when raising a family... oh who am I kidding? I was like this long before starting a family!

So, I can either continue like this, not finishing things I start. Proclaiming that I am going to do something only to get sidetracked and start a new venture before really getting stuck into the previous or... hang on I'll get to the 'or' in a tic.

You see, to some on the outside I guess it may appear that I am lazy, that I don't see things through because I cannot be bothered. but you see that couldn't be further from the truth. It is because there is so much I want to do that I jump from one thing to another before I can even get stuck into the idea I had previously.

OK, I can hear you saying 'SO WHAT?!' yeah, I agree, not really all that interesting of an observation but wait there's more... and it's not a set of steak knifes either, here is the 'or'...

OR I can do something about it, so...

I am going to start something and stick with it. The challenge I had was finding something I could stick with, something where my other interests, thoughts, imaginings, day dreams and so forth would not interfere but may instead actually benefit the undertaking of this task. What is this new venture????

I am going to blog and not 'The Daily Motherism' type of blog. The type you come back to, again and again and again. Not necessarily because it is funny, though it will be, not because you know me and want to be kind and read, though I hope you do... But because it will have a truly eclectic mix of all things of interest to me and hopefully to a bunch of other people too.

It will contain random snippets of information that float around in my head because I am able to learn and retain random things but cannot for love nor money remember my times tables.

An example:
How to make clear ice blocks - use boiled water, this will ensure your ice cubes are crystal clear, no fog or cracks, just perfect ice cubes. Seriously... who needs to know such random *ahem* crap. Well I seem to retain irrelevant information like this on a regular basis, so I will share it in a section just for random, uselessly useful info.

Further to my random ramblings I will have sections on kids, courtesy and etiquette (my pet peeve is people who appear to have lost their manners somewhere), recipes, craft projects, weight loss, great reads and... well, the list just goes on and on.

You see this does not fight my scatterbrained approach to life, it embraces it, relishes it revels in it, like a pig rolling in mud or a kid wearing gumboots jumping in puddles. It may not make sense when you say it but it works!!! At least I hope it will... Stay tuned... I have a lot of research, reading and writing as well as planning and creating that needs to take place. I hope by saying it out loud that this is something I will stick with and actually create... Wish me luck. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.