Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Morning

As I woke up yesterday morning I hadn't yet opened my eyes but I could feel a tiny warm chubby hand touching my cheek, it slowly moved across and gripped around my nose and then down to have a tug on my lip, I gave his hand a little kiss and opened my eyes to see him smile up at me a big gummy smile so I leant over and gave him a kiss, resulting in a big open mouthed giggle and a kick of all of his limbs that signalled he was well and truly awake and there would be no more sleeping, at least for a few hours. Just then the bedroom light came on and startled both of us. A happy little girl sang 'heellloooo'. "Ohhh he sooo cute Mum" she landed a big smoochy kiss on his still quite bald head. Jaz came over to the bed and handed me a bright blue headband. I put it on and she smiled a big warm smile. Next it was Kaydes turn, he was adorned with a lovely silver bangle and finally she dressed herself in a brightly coloured straw bead necklace. 'C'mon guys, I been awake for ages, it breakfast time now'. Too true Miss Jaz, too true, it may be 5.30am and your dad may have slept through all of this but it is breakfast time. The day had begun in the best way it could. It may have only been 5.30 but I was in the best place I can imagine doing just what makes me happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.