Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Wedding - My top 11 moments

1.  Getting ready with 'my'girls'. An hour long massage and a pedicure. Drinks. Lunch. A lot of laughter and the groomsmen continually checking up on us and being astounded at how calm and chilled out the bridal party were.

2. That little bit of cheekiness that went on with the bridesmaids attire

3. My children looking so darned adorable and behaving completely impeccably

4. Being walked down the isle by my Dad. Chatting with him as we walked. Such a special moment.

5. Being overcome with emotion during the ceremony and really 'feeling' what we were saying. It was something I didn't really expect to happen (even though everyone told me it would).

6. The amazing job the Melasti did of decorating and being able to watch them work on the alter and wedding monument for more than 24 hours prior to the big event. The excitement of the staff was fantastic.

7. The Reception venue blowing me away by capturing perfectly, everything I asked of them. Through online communications and language barriers they couldn't have done a better job. Just perfect!

8. My fabulous brother as the MC announcing our arrival but announcing me using my maiden name by mistake. Quite funny

9. Watching the kids all dancing together and then sharing a dance with my beautiful daughter. She was mesmerised by the whole affair and the joy I had dancing with her was wonderful

10. My maid of honour not only catching the bouquet but following up with several laps of honour and high fiving everyone as she ran past.

11. Finally becoming Mrs D. We have a family name and Sal you are right. It really is amazing, no one else matters while you stand there and say your vows, you told me but it was someting I had to experience to appreciate. So special!

There were so many more moments that just made the wedding what it was. One of my favourite things was being able to spend so much quality time in a place we love with people who mean the world to us. How special did we feel to have nearly 50 people join us for our wedding in Bali? Truly blessed.

And now, some pics to satisfy all the ooohhhhing and ahhhhing you want to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.