Monday, August 29, 2011

Kayde's on the move

Well, it has been a long time coming...
Not that 16 months to the day is old to start walking.
It's actually smack bang average (but we wont tell Kayde that - he thinks he's rather clever, oh and so do we).
It's just that he has been crawling since he was 6 months old.
That's 10 whole months of crawling!
He's very good at it though and very very fast.
He can climb, and can ride most things with wheels, even scooters!!!
For some time now Kayde has stood up and launched himself onto anything soft, pillows, washing piles, beds, you name it, the boy can jump and fling himself around like nothing I have seen before.
More recently and much to my astonishment he has even been standing unsupported, picking up soccer balls, basketballs etc and throwing them, without losing balance!
How he could manage all this and still refuse to take a step was completely and utterly beyond me.
It didn't bother me. Not in the slightest. It just astounded me that he could achieve so much without taking those first shaky steps.
I had begun to think it was entirely possible he was walking behind closed doors.
Waiting until he knew I couldn't see him and running around the place! Cheeky little man...
But yesterday I caught a glimpse as he shakily shuffled his feet, and managed two steps before grabbing onto the nearest stable object.
He looked so proud of himself and I was so proud of him, then Jaz squeeled, not realising I was watching, "Mum, mum mum mum, he walked! Kayde walked! Good boy!!! You are sooo clever". Pride all round.
Now the chase begins, I am afraid from now on I may never catch him. I guess I had better pull out my running shoes and whack on a sports bra - coz, well, you know...
So now for the next stage, chasing a boiterous toddler and keeping up with an active pre-schooler. Fun times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.