Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Baddest Blogger

Can I even call myself a blogger?
The most difficult thing about establishing a blog is deciding what to write about. When you first start out you have so many ideas, directions, rules blah blah blah...
There are a few things I did when I started that if I could change I most definitely would.
I love the idea of a completely anonymous blog. One where I can speak my mind about absolutely anything without the fear of repurcussion. Oh the things I would say....
But alas. I do not have an anonymous blog. I have The Motherism. A lovely little blog that is in dire need of love, attention and a makeover. So tomorrow I will work on that.
For today I am going to let you in on a little secret... I finally have my blogging sorted. The Motherism shall return to what she was always supposed to be. A place for me to record my memories of motherhood as they are being formed. Something to look back on and enjoy. Something that I may one day print out and hand down to Jaz if and when she decides to start her own family.
Yes - that's something I can do.
I cannot promise I will share everything. Just the things I want to remember. Those little moments too special to just let slip by. After all. Memories are what we leave behind. Our legacy.

That said, I guess I should really catch you up on where we are at right now...

"Yo!!! Mrs. D!!!"

This was shouted out not long after Craig and I said our 'I do's' and I must admit, I am quite fond of my new nickname. Though in all reality, a whole new name is something that takes a bit of getting used to. I mean I have had 32 years to grow accustomed to my 'Maiden' name. This new name is going to take some getting used to.

Referring to Craig as my husband is also proving more challenging than I had imagined. I keep saying partner (after 11 years together it is a hard habit to break) but I admit that every time I refer to my husband (even if it's to a complete stranger) I cannot help but grin like a complete maniac! I have a husband... It's kind of weird. I feel almost like I am playing 'grown ups'. It feels a little surreal and I almost expect people to say 'what?!' "Your husband???? ha ha ha ha ha' as though I have told some big lie and they can see that I am not grown up at all... But they don't. I somehow think I might look my real age, even though I don't feel it.

I'll tell you all about the wedding tomorrow. That needs a post all of it's own. A treasure trove of memories and maybe even some photos. Maybe.

Jaz has changed in the last few days. Over the past few months, Jaz's behavious has ben *ahem* challenging. We have heard lots of "No, I don't want to!" and we have had many many tantrums, hitting and stomping of feet. But in the past few days, I have no idea why, but I have my gorgeous, kind, funny, caring, loving girl back. She kisses me and cuddles me and hates to ake me angry. When I ask her to do something she says ' ok Mummy' and gives me a big smile. I am so very thankful to have my happy girl back. I don't know what was making her so miserable but I am very glad she is happy again.

Kayde is STILL not walking. I am absolutely convinced he can walk. I think he even does it when no ones watching. Seriously, that boy is into everything. He is a master climber. He can crawl faster than I have ever seen a baby crawl and he can not only ride a scoot-along bike but he can back the trailer attached to it!!! I watched this evening as he stood up, unassisted, picked up a bouncing hoppy thingy almost as big as him and threw it! And he has everyone convinced that he isn't walking yet.... I think he not only secretly walks but he runs.... You can't fool me kiddo!

Jaz is currently completely obsessed with Ballet and Kayde is still obsessed with Boobs... I wonder how that will change over the coming years ;)

That's it for now.

Thanks for bearing with me,

Mrs D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.