Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Out the front door...

My children have some quirky new habits forming. One is quite gorgeous, the other, though mildly amusing at times, needs to be nipped in the bud.

Kayde, now 11 months has a fascination with putting things on his head. It started with hats and headphones which was quite acceptable and in some cases down right adorable, don't you think?



He has now progressed to popping pretty much anything he can balance on his head - mostly clothes, cloths, facewashers, cushions and dolls but he saves the best for meal times when his bowl, plate and cup always find their way onto his head! Cute cute cute boy!

Now onto the somewhat amusing but also a little troubling habit our gorgeous girl Jaz has developed.

Let me set the scene just a little...

My Mum and Dad have two dogs, since all the kids have moved out it appears the dogs have replaced us somewhat. they sit on the couch, sleep on the bed and basically do as they please. I am not denying they are cute, cuddly and fun but they do have a tendency to lick the little people like they are a lollypop coated in sherbert!

Last week the kids and I were visiting my parents. I was reading a magazine on the couch, Kayde was napping and Dad was reading the paper. Jaz was running around the house, in the door, out the door and so on and so forth, I saw her kneel down, pushing the larger of the two dogs away and telling it off (have I mentioned I have an insanely bossy little girl on my hands? That's for another post) Anyway, off she ran, through the house, both dogs hot on her heels enjoying the play.

I noticed it had gone quiet a moment before Jaz appeared behind Dad.

"Pa Trev?"

"Yes Jaz"

"You better go find your dogs"

I immediately knew what she had done and jumped up. Dad looked at me and I asked Jaz...

"Jaz, did you let the dogs out the front door?"

"Yup" *butter wouldn't melt smile*

Arghhhh!!!!! These dogs are not only pampered, they have no sense - none - zilch. And are notorious for bolting out the front door and down the road (Thankfully Mum and Dad live in a very quiet town)

Pa Trev gently told Jaz "That was a bit naughty Jazzy"

"Yup" *cheeky grin*



The dogs were located and returned back only a few minutes later but that was not the bit that really made me laugh.

When my mum (known to the kids as Maddy) got home we told her what had happened (I admit, I already found the situation a touch amusing due to understanding Jaz's reasons for letting the dogs out) but this really took the cake.

Mum said to Jaz "Well, did Mummy tell you it might make Maddy mad?"

Jaz tilted her head to the side, raised her palms in the air in front of her as if explaining something to a simpleton "Well they was astracting me!"

Mum stifled a laugh and asked "they were distracting you?"

Big sigh from Jaz "Yes, they was astracting me" *Huff*

Well, as amusing as that was, we tried very hard not to let her see that! It was explained to her that the dogs may have become lost and that would have upset Maddy and Pa greatly. that understood I thought this had been nipped in the bud.

Until this morning...

As I lay in bed, Craigs car zooming off in the distance, I was just getting up when Jaz came into the bedroom.

"Mum?"

"Yes Jaz?"

"Will Kayde get lost out the front?" Asked with a grain of hope I am almost certain

I jumped out of bed, flew out the front door (Thank goodness there were no neighbours out there) and gathered Kayde from his new playspot in the middle of our carport!!!

JAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was very naughty. (I may have told her that someone may have thought he looked like a cute baby and taken them to keep at their house - maybe) About an hour later after being very quiet, Jaz came to me of her own volition, apologised and said she would not put Kayde out the front door again.

Darn tootin' you wont!!! That door is now deadlocked!

Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.