Sunday, February 6, 2011

Summin it up

Arghhhhh writers block, writers block, writers block. Well not so much writers block as too many subjects to choose from.

Do you want to hear how the wedding plans are coming along?
Our mission to turn our family into one of those healthy types... you know, the type that go and DO something instead of watch telly in the evenings?
Maybe you would like to hear all about Jaz and her love of singing and dancing and driving mummy bonkers with her selective hearing and gorgeous butter wouldn't melt smile?
Or perhaps you would like to hear all about Kayde, his love of water, headbutting inanimate objects and insistence on pulling his sisters hair and laughing at the aftermath?

I guess the only thing to do is sum it up for you;

The wedding is booked, flights booked and accommodation booked. We are getting the invites sorted and should have them out by the end of the month and I simply refuse to shop for a dress until I have lost more weight! Look out Bali here we come!!! Again...

Craig and I have been working out on a treadmill loaned to us by some really lovely friends, he has been doing strength training and I have been dancing around the house like a nutter, we have started going to the pool as a family once a week in addition to Jaz's swimming lessons and endeavour to be active instead of sedentary, we have had days at the Zoo, walked, ridden bikes, visited the beach and taken to having regular picnics for dinner. I think we are all loving life just that bit more! Oh and I have lost nearly 7 kilos since the beginning of the year - Yay me!

I never get sick of telling anyone who will listen just how gorgeous my beautiful children are. I am one of THOSE mothers, you know the ones. They talk about nothing other than their kids, that's me... And quite frankly I don't care. I am their Mummy and I am darned proud of it!

At the moment Jaz has been practicing getting away with basically not doing as she's told. Craig and I both find it all insanely frustrating but have to stifle our giggles when she then cocks her head to the side and puts on what can only be described as an intentionally 'butter wouldn't melt' smile and simply states "but i not want to". Jaz loves dressing herself, wearing jewellery, dancing on tippy toes, singing songs, bossing her brother and helping mummy. Jaz loves going to creche, telling us that she wants to go and play with her friends. She has returned to swimming lessons too, where she is getting better all the time and makes me so proud when she achieves something new such as quickly ducking under the water to retrieve something without stopping to remember that she 'not like' going under the water.

I pretty much summed Kayde up in the first paragraph. He is growing up way too quickly, his favourite thing to do is pull Jaz's hair and laugh when she squeals, this is closely followed by his love of headbutting things, particularly windows and walls, doors and floors... I am not sure what he is trying to achieve but it must be something great! Oh and he is one major water baby... We had him in the pool for over an hour today and he didn't even begin to grizzle. When I hold him at the waist he flaps his arms, splashing wildly while simultaneously pushing off with his legs froggy style.

See what I mean?
Too much to choose from and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I mean, there's also the whole 3 year old Kinder debacle, don't even get me started on that one, or do... Oh I don't know.
What about the decision of where we would like to settle before Jaz starts school in two years (seems like a long way off but it really really isn't).
Or there's the fact that the only thing stopping me from launching my new blog is the fact that I just cannot decide on a name for it that reflects the 'feel' of the blog, catches your attention and isn't a total cliche! I even know EXACTLY what to write for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed my feelings of insecurity - Leave a comment, it's kind of like the 'I waz 'ere' of the bloggy world.